About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Aimee a young t-something from the UK. This blog charts my exploration of certain things that are of interest to me, most notably exploring my femininity and my interest in BDSM and all that fun stuff. Please enjoy my blog and let me know any thoughts and comments you have.

Sunday 22 February 2009

Big Night Out


Wow, it's been such a busy week that I'm still trying to catch up with everything that's happened. In my last blog I shared my first BDSM experience which was a pretty big event, but that wasn't all that I've been involved with in the last ten days.

As I'm sure many people who'll read this already know, there is a big TG event once a month at a club just outside of Milton Keynes known as Big Night Out (BNO). For anyone wanting to get out and get dressed this is probably one of the easiest ways to do it. The hotel over the road from the club becomes a variable tranny colony with t-gurl (and t-bois) from a diverse spectrum.

I've been very fortunate of late to get to know some really cool people of late online and one of them, a girl called Lucy, had invited me to join her and a few others to all meet up at one of the forthcoming BNOs.

I came down on the train and met up with Lucy, her girlfriend Angarad, and another t-gurl called Faith who I hadn't spoken to before. The night was nearly ruined when I opened my suitcase. I'd ended up packing three or four times as I initially over packed and tried to take only what I knew I'd need. However....somewhere in the middle of the repacking I took out the skirt I had intended to wear! Fortunately Angharad had a spare skirt but with me not having her shapely hips I had to keep the skirt on by using a belt. The only one I had was white and black checked which didn't go with the black and white outfit I'd been planning...panic! Fortunately, in all my over packing I'd still brought a pair of my black and white stripey Japanese knee socks so thankfully I was able to salvage the outfit just about!

After getting ready, (Lucy did an awesome job on my eyes and I never got around to getting her to teach me how to do it sadly) drinking a couple of bottles of wine, and taking several pictures we were ready to stumble across the road to the club.

I'd been out dressed twice before, once in Tokyo with someone I'd met online but didn't know too well, and once in Sheffield, when I'd got so annoyed at wanting to go out and not doing it that I took the plunge and went to a similar trans-night myself. Both were worthwhile experiences, but not knowing the people I was with very well made it a little nerve wracking. This time was different as I got to know the person I was going down to meet reasonably well in the preceding weeks and felt like I was going down to hang out with a friend rather then just as an excuse to get dressed up.

I think this way of thinking made a big difference, as really the whole point of dressing (at least from my perspective) is to be yourself and not play the part of someone else. So actually going down to have a night out with people who I had things in common and would have been friends with if we didn't have the trans thing in common was probably a good way to have it. I'd really enjoyed talking with Lucy in the weeks running up to the BNO and had let her do most of the hard work booking rooms and trying to organise other people who were interested in going.

We hung out in the bar, chatting amongst ourselves mainly, although there were a few people who each of use knew there as well so we got to say hi to a few different people. I didn't really do much mingling to be honest as I was just happy to get to know the people we were with, although I did get chatting to a cool photographer and get my piccie taken *beams happily*.

Around half past two/ three we were all getting a bit tired. That time of the night is usually my limit anyway so I was more then happy to head back to the hotel room, although I did have a pang of sadness as I cleaned my make up off in the bathroom. Ah well....they'll be other times....

No comments: