About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Aimee a young t-something from the UK. This blog charts my exploration of certain things that are of interest to me, most notably exploring my femininity and my interest in BDSM and all that fun stuff. Please enjoy my blog and let me know any thoughts and comments you have.

Saturday 13 December 2008

The London Job...

So finally, after weeks of waiting I found out about the London job yesterday. I've been so nervous the last few weeks knowing that if I got the job I'd be moving down to London in the new year and have the opportunity to dress and go out that I want so bad. Well, to cut a long story short, I didn't get it :(.

I won't say I wasn't gutted as I was, feeling a little depressed right now especially as my temporary contract expires next week so over Christmas I'll be an unemployed 25 y/o with no job living in the smallest room of my parents house. What a prospect I am!

But oh well, at least the job wasn't my dream job, maybe the fact that I told them I saw it as a starting position that I'd only do for a year or two made them less likely to employ me? I know in the end it was between me and one other person and I'm just wondering why they went for him and not me? Did he have more experience? Was he a nicer person? Was it just the fact that they couldn't choose between us and they saw him a week after me and so had forgotten me? I dunno. My mum wants me to phone to find out but to be honest that doesn't sound very appealing to me. I just want to move on.

3 comments:

Keliana said...

Hey Penny, sorry to hear about the job! I guess would have been a great Xmas present for you if you had got it but the experience is also what counts so do try to find out why they took the other person. One never knows, the other person may not work out after all so you can be back in the running if you keep in touch with them. I am still looking forward to having you in London so good luck!

test said...

well looks like you aree up to 7.5 now after my 10 vote so maybe you should try modelling ;)

effinnelle said...

Why don't you go out in Manchester, is it because of living at your folk's place? I go to Manchester most weekends with TV friends of mine (I'm not TV) and I'm sure one of them would be willing to either let you stay over or at least get changed at theirs at the start and end of the evening. We usually go to Napoleons, it's a great laugh and loads friendlier than London is. If you want to come out with us one time, just get in touch. By the way, I got to your site from your profile on Birchplace, I am effinnelle on there x