About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Aimee a young t-something from the UK. This blog charts my exploration of certain things that are of interest to me, most notably exploring my femininity and my interest in BDSM and all that fun stuff. Please enjoy my blog and let me know any thoughts and comments you have.

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Sparkle like you mean it

I guess I got a bit tarde before I left and didn't update about last years Sparkle. For those who don't know Sparkle is the UKs biggest transgender festival and takes place in Manchester every year in July. I went last year and had a great time. I met up with friends, had a couple of nights out on the tiles and wrote an article for Repartee, a magazine that a friend of mine runs. Sparkle has a number of different events such as live music a volleyball tournament and the headline event Tranny of the Year (Toty).

My nine months in Peru meant that I had no opportunities to get out but I kept myself going by promising that I'd make up for it when I got back to the UK. Even before I returned to the UK I had mailed the Sparkle organisers about entering Toty.

Confirmation came today and I'm in! Wow. Exciting! Not quite sure what to expect yet as no details have been sent out yet but one thing is for sure....it'll make a good couple of blog posts in the near future!

No comments: