About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Aimee a young t-something from the UK. This blog charts my exploration of certain things that are of interest to me, most notably exploring my femininity and my interest in BDSM and all that fun stuff. Please enjoy my blog and let me know any thoughts and comments you have.

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Another Night of Indulgence

About 12 months ago, the organisers of my local munch decided that they were going to set up a club night, so that people from my little city and the surrounding area can get their local fetish fix. Having been overseas for much of the last year, I missed the first couple of events but heard that they were very well attended and successful. I managed to make it to the last one and covered it in a previous blog and last Saturday I made to to my second Club Indulgence.

Previous events had had some great numbers but perhaps had not been as well organised as the group might have hoped. To tighten things up we got together a five-person committee to take responsibility for different things and somehow I ended up being the fifth member. Not that I had too much responsibilities to worry about and, to be honest I didn't actually make any of the pre-event meetings, but it did mean that I was able to wear a shiny badge on the night that told everyone I was a Team Member.

In my case being a team member consisted of pestering everyone to buy raffle tickets, making sure that no one was sitting around on their own like a lemon and test driving any of the equipment that others thought wasn't getting the attention it deserved. All this was quite fun although I did feel a little bad pestering people to buy raffle tickets but most people bought a fivers worth and we made a fair amount of money which was split between an equipment fund and a chosen charity. In this case it was for a domestic violence supporting group which was a very worthy cause.

For the night we kindly had some equipment loaned by the local barn that I have blogged about previously, including the frame that had been put together at the scrap yard challenge the other week. In addition to this there was a flogging bench, a netted frame and a very small cage which I got locked in for a small chunk of the night. The cage seemed tiny and I had to back in but I was quite pleased at how long I was able to remain in it without feeling too uncomfortable.

Having my 'Team Member' and being forced to sell raffle tickets meant that I was able to talk to everyone who came to the club night. We only had abut 30-35 people which was less then normal but it was a good enough number that people didn't feel over crowded and could talk to each other and use the different pieces of equipment.

The night finished at about two and I stayed to help tidy up at the end. Everything ran really smoothly and I'm looking forward to the next one which will be in September.

No comments: