About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Aimee a young t-something from the UK. This blog charts my exploration of certain things that are of interest to me, most notably exploring my femininity and my interest in BDSM and all that fun stuff. Please enjoy my blog and let me know any thoughts and comments you have.

Sunday 11 July 2010

Back from Sparkle

Just got back from Sparkle earlier today. Its nice to have a chance to rest my poor feet! I'm normally quite good in heels but I've never worn them for practically two days solid before. Deffinatly something else to add to the need-to-buy list: a pair of nice flat shoes!

I have a lot to write about and I doubt very much that it will all fit into one blog post but I'll try and cover a bit of the background in this post and a general overview of the weekend. As covered in previous enties this year was my second Sparkle, the first being twelve months ago. I was a bit disorganised that time and and ended up crashing on peoples floors. It was ok, but I did feel as if I was imposing a little. This time I made sure to book a hotel room early but having not met up with many people who I knew were going I didn't end up sharing with anyone. I ended up being quite far from other people and this made me feel a little bit isolated as I was often wandering around by myself while waiting for people. I'll have to make sure to rectify this before I start re-enforcing my image as the resident billy-no-mates of Sparkle.

Hopefully though I met enough people over the weekend that I will be able to arrange to stay closer to people and maybe even share a room. I got a good deal at the hotel and it wasn't to expensive but if I'd been in a triple instead of a single it would have been cheaper and I wouldn't have had to share a bathroom. There were at least three people who I met for the first time over the weekend who I've actually known for probably two years each and it was nice to finally meet in purpose and see them as real people as opposed to electronic-contacts.

Thats probably the best thing about Sparkle, there are so many people that its the best chance to meet new friends. The fact its in Manchester's Canal Street as opposed to just a night in a bar means that you can do alot more mingling and talk to stranger or friends-of-friends more naturally and without shouting.

Anyway, I'm tired and need to catch up with my sleep so I'll finish there for tonight but promise to write more when I get half a chance!

No comments: