About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Aimee a young t-something from the UK. This blog charts my exploration of certain things that are of interest to me, most notably exploring my femininity and my interest in BDSM and all that fun stuff. Please enjoy my blog and let me know any thoughts and comments you have.

Sunday 13 June 2010

Scrapyard Challenge

Oh dear, I am getting behind with this blogging! I logged on to write about last night and then realised I hadn't gotten around to talking about last week yet! I guess I had better try and cover that before I move on. Oh well, the fact that I' having to try and keep up means that at least my life is almost interesting at the moment.

Last weekend the barn organised a Scrap yard Challenge initiative where teams were invited to come down and use the day to construct bondage apparatus from any odds and sods lying around or that they brought with them. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get down to the construction part (not that I'm the most practical person in the world anyway when it comes to making anything more complicated than a cup of tea) but I did manage to arrive in time to be a demo bunny.

The first shiny was an original piece of kit, a holding device of sorts where a victim volunteer is strapped into a standing frame. The frame itself tilts backwards meaning that at first you feel that you are going to topple over, but it was so well designed that I don't think this would have occurred. A strap around the waist and neck hold the subbie in place and their hands are then cuffed behind their back in a very vulnerable and open position for frontal play. Some pictures were taken of me trying this out and I will try and get hold of them to brighten up my blog a bit.

The second device was upstairs in the converted loft space of the barn. The building is listen which means that there are very strict rules about what you can and can't alter which means that original (or very early beams) dominate the upper levels compartmentalising the space into three or four chambers. At the far end was a bondage frame.

The novelty of this second device was that there was a cross on one side and a H shape on the other meaning that you could have two submissive strapped at the same time facing each other which could be very interesting. Also, although I think this was a happy coincidence as opposed to deliberate design, the frame looked as if it could be tilted on its axis to change the lay out so that, if you were carful, the Saint Andrew's cross part could be used as support for someone lying across the frame with space underneath for the Dom/me to get in and about.

The third device was pony themes so obviously that gave it some good plus points in my eyes from the start but unfortunately lacked some versatility perhaps. This final piece of equipment was a rocking pony where a stomach rest rose from the middle of a roughly semi-circular piece of wood. The sub would kneel over the central support and a saddle could then be strapped on. Once a rider climbed on it was then possible to rock backwards and forwards like riding a child’s toy.

I tried all three of these devices out with a couple of other girls and then we went to a side room to discuss which we thought deserved to win.

While I liked the rocking pony and found it quite original, it seemed much less like a finished product. The elements of bondage were loose and I feel that if the pony's hands and feet were strapped in it would be more effective. Also, and perhaps this was just from my perspective, I didn't feel an awful lot of rocking was going on when I was on it and felt a bit sea sick. An original idea perhaps but not necessarily very versatile so it came third.

The frame with the cross and the H came second. It was a very well made piece and looked very professional. There was a lot you could do on it for sure but at the end of the day I still felt it was a frame and though well constructed, didn't really seem to offer anything different.

The first device, the strapping frame which I apologise, I have described poorly, won out. While it perhaps did not have the versatility of the other frame there was still a lot that could be done with it. I would have like to have played with it properly to know if I would have tumbled backwards or not (or maybe I wouldn't) but it seemed to be very well made and secure and a couple of adjustable features means that it could snugly fit a wide range of people.

Right, I have to go. I have a lot more to write about but it shall have to wait. Thank you for reading and please do leave any feedback and comments.

No comments: