About Me

My photo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Hello, I'm Aimee a young t-something from the UK. This blog charts my exploration of certain things that are of interest to me, most notably exploring my femininity and my interest in BDSM and all that fun stuff. Please enjoy my blog and let me know any thoughts and comments you have.

Tuesday 18 November 2008

What's in a Name?

Anyone reading this blog after finding its link on one of the tg sites I roll around on might be a little confused at first by my name, as it's not the one I normally go by. Originally I wasn't going to link this blog to that name, but as I'm having so much fun writing it I'd like more people to know about it and read it.

My current name (at least on this site) Penelope Bailey, came along after I was chatting with one of my friends Keliana. I'm job hunting at the moment and looking for something down in London. Keliana lives down there and is a glamorous jet setter, so I jokally suggested that i should be her PA. This idea took hold and then we started chatting about how it would be, how I would book all her appointments and make her arrangements and how she would make sure that her glamorous little PA was kitted out in all the best labels and the cutest little strappy heels on the market.

We decided that this PA would need a new name, something that sounded professional and classy, but could also be affectionately shortened. Penelope was suggested and we both liked the sound of that. We also discussed what last name would sound right for an expression like, "My assistant Ms XXX will make sure you are comfortable". Out of the different ones we tried Bailey seemed to sit well, and -as it's also one of my favorite drinks- we decided that Penelope Bailey should be my new name.

I do like the sound of it, but I still keep coming across other ideas of names that i like the ring too. "Virginia Davenport", "Angela Stapleton", "Georgina Pendleton" hmmm so many different ideas. Well I always find the names I like the most are the ones people have given me. And as Klarrissa has given me Penelope Bailley then I'm more then happy with that. :) Although I am intrigued as to any suggestions that others might have. Do I look like a Penny? Do let me know, it would be amusing to see what might be suggested.

No comments: